I am Sam reflection

I am Sam is a very good and emotional movie but it also has a very good meaning to me. What I got from it was that people will almost always do what they think will make them more liked. For instants Sam showed up at a party where all the other lawyers were asking for help getting Lucy back. All the other lawyers started to question who he was knowing that he had a disability. Everyone knew that Rita was very tempered and the chances of her helping anyone was very slim. Rita seen everyone laugh when she replied “hes my client”. To me this is a big stand out because its proving that she decided to do something helpful when she seen all her co-workers reactions.

A question I have from watching this movie is what did Rita mean when she said to Sam “I think I got more out of this then you did.” To me this means that she started to develop feelings for Sam. Another way I can see it going is just because he kind of helped her manage her stress throughout the movie, towards the end of it she stopped yelling at her son and calmed down. Rita also got out of her relationship with her husband. Sam started to turn things towards the end as well for himself. He got a new job at pizza hut and walked dogs around to make more money to buy a new apartment closer too Lucy. People tried to testify saying that Sam couldn’t understand love but in my opinion he could. He tried everything to make her happy and be there for her. He never forgot her and tried to visit as much as possible. Which is another meaning that I got from the movie. No matter who a person is or any problems they have you should never underestimate them. Everyone is capable of love.

Image result for i am sam gif

One thought on “I am Sam reflection

1. You picked up on a lot of things that i didn’t, like the part where everyone in Rita’s party picked up on Sam being special.